Saturday, August 1, 2009

HORNBILL









I have been to Pangkor Island many many times since schooling days. I have camped there numerous times. My familiar places are Pasir Bogak, Teluk Nipah and Teluk Ketapang. These are beautiful sandy beaches. The other beaches are Emerald Bay in Pangkor Laut and Golden Sand Beach (now Pansea).




I notice that there are many HORN BILL in the island during my recent stay in Teluk Nipah. There are also many types of colourful birds too!



An old man in Teluk Nipah says that he started feeding the horn bill 6 years ago. At that time, there are not many horn bill. He feed the bird with local fruits. He himself notice that the number of horn bill has been growing day by day. His feeding time is around 6:30 pm daily. There are around 80 birds waiting to be feed at this time. The bird hang on electric cable and trees.





Although the horn bill in Pangkor is not as beautiful as the Sarawak horn bill but at least there are horn bill in Perak. The other place where horn bill can be seen in Perak is Belum.


My curious 9 years old daughter took a few pictures of it.



The sunset from Teluk Nipah is beautiful too. I have a few pictures of it 20 years back while I was camping here. My camping site has become a seaside store now!












No comments: