Saturday, November 7, 2020

KAMPUNG PISANG, JALONG TINGGI


 




Being the Advisor to Persatuan Anak Jati Temiar Jalong Tinggi, Sungai Siput, I was invited to a get-to-know-you programme with the Pengarah JAKOA Perak. 

As I am going to Kampung Pisang, Batin Nasiri asked me to stop in Kampung Chengkei. He will arrange people to fetch me to his place. I noticed there a new bridge is in progress to replace the old one. I am surprised to see the in-progress work of the bridge!

New bridge in progress. It is slandering on the left!

The cause of slandering - the supporting structure below has been damaged.

Instead of building new support, the contractor extend the other side!

The bottom supporting structure has been damaged  

The bridge is too near the light pole!

Yes, the Batin requested to widen the bridge because it is too narrow and dangerous previously. Why the contractor did not extend to the right instead of extending towards the light pole? 

The temporary road crossing the stream. No crossing if it rains. Water level increase and strong flow. I was informed that the cost of building this road is bear by the villagers! Why? An alternative road should have been provided and I am sure the cost is included. It takes a few months to complete the bridge. The works have been in progress for almost a month. If there is no alternative road, how the villagers going out for works, school and buying daily usage?

SOMETHING NOT RIGHT SOMEWHERE!

As I go further, the villagers showed me the partly damaged road. This was happened due to the recent rainy season and the culverts beneath the road were washed out by the strong flow. The stream is small and shallow but during the raining season the water volume increase as it runs down from the nearby highland.

 


















No comments: